Who are attempting to breed to the breed standard??

tberggren

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Ithaca NY
Thought this might be nice to see.
big_smile.png

Thanks

PS If possible could you please post pics of your birds??

Edited subject line

Last edited:
I'm attemping to breed to the breed standard! I'll post pics of my self blue d'Anvers when I finally get them from the breeder!

My bantam barred plymouth rocks need some work but I'd consider them pretty good quality, but no where near perfect. The male needs a better tail, but that's hard to find on the barred variety for some reason. I need to take a new picture of my new best pullet, I only have a pic of my second best right now, who has ok type and ok barring.
angelscampshow027.jpg

angelscampshow020.jpg

My bantam cochins are something I'm very proud of. I got them from Tom Roebuck, who is definitely one of the top breeders of cochins in the country, I'm lucky he sold me some! I also have a blue pullet, but her tail is currently plucked out. Can't wait till it grows back in!
angelscampshow013.jpg

angelscampshow015.jpg

Last edited:
All of our birds are bred to the standard with the exception being the sexlink makers. We have a barred rock bantam male who was too cobby for the breeder on a black wyandotte hen and have 2 F1 barred pullets, so far they look just like wyandottes in type with nice barring. With the wyandottes it seems that there is always something to work on. Alot of the judges want short backs and all the other stuff. We have whites and with them we have a short backed rooster on short backed hens, all of them have large combs which we hop to combine the 2 lines next year. The other line we have of whites have nice small combs and the hens have shoort backs, the rooster has the comb size of our other hens.
With the dun laced we are working on, we are now in the 2nd generation and the lacing is great. The first generation females that we kept just had white in the flights. We bred them back to the father and now have great looking birds. Now the problem that we will have to work on with them is the the tail length, the tails are too long.
With standard bred poultry it is a never ending cycle of keeping the best and culling the rest. Alot of people like myself are working on new varieties in existing breeds. If you want to see some pics of our birds, go to the site, the link is in my signature.

Hey, FlyingMonkeyPoop, I'd love to see pictures of your crele phoenix's! There aren't any on your website! I'd also love to see pics of your blue laced red wyandottes!

I breed Silkies - Favs - Buff laced & Golden Polish all to Standards -

I have a couple AOV but type to standard -

I have one mix or mutt - She is a Polish Silkie --
Did you have a specific breed question might be easier

Back
Top Bottom