Who are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvinmychickens, Nov 24, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    On this great Thanksgiving, share some people you are really thankful for!

I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for Nifty- Because if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have this GREAT forum! I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have all of you from BYC. [​IMG] Thanks SO much for this wonderful forum, Nifty! I hope you see this. [​IMG]

2. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    I am thankful for my wonderful patient husband..he puts up with my chicken craziness...smiles when I "have" to bring one of my ladies in the house for some extra TLC and he works hard to ensure my coops are shoveled out for me and my ladies! I am thankful for my ladies..who give me eggs every day that helped me bake for our families thanksgiving feast! [​IMG]

3. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    I am so thankful for my mother and father. if it was not for my Dad, I would not have any of my beautiful animals I have today.
    I am so happy to have a loving family, and a new dog! he is the first dog we ever had and I love him so much.

two of my hens got very sick this past year, and I Thank God for him saving them.

We lost our beloved orange cat Sam a few weeks ago . He was hit my a car [​IMG]
    I am so happy the Lord blessed us by giving Sam a happy loving lhome with us. I rejoice today, he is now with Christ and I will see Sam again. [​IMG]

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well , I'm thankful for DW. I have no idea what I'd do with out her. I would not weigh so much but other than that life is good. We've survived 35 years with each other and through many trials.

Golden -- it's not been a good year for cats here either. Puff got hit by a car and Stubby had to be put down. Still you have the right attitude. Seems rather ungrateful to be sad when you consider all the shelters of unloved animals and the joy we were given by ours.

I am also thankful for you the members of BYC, who understand my chicken psychosis. Not judging me when I say things like "I like to smell my chickens". They always have a clean chickeny smell. or that I kiss them on the mouth. Not really, but I do hug them. Much better than any blood pressure pill IMO.

So I hope everyone has a nice day and I appreciate your tolerance, and advice. [​IMG]

Rancher

5. GLBRWyans

GLBRWyans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    We have so much to be thankful for . It would be my wonderful loving wife that I simply adore . She is my best friend , and just a wonderful person . We were best friends long before we
    ever became romantic . She is a lady in every sense of the word and I am thankful for some of the good people on BYC . Especially those on the Louisiana thread .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm thankful for my husband of 22(almost 23) years, my wonderful family, my friends who are as crazy as I am about things with fur and feathers and our AWESOME military!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  7. nikki1

nikki1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    [​IMG]

I am thankful for my husband of nearly 20 years who loves me and my randomness.

I am thankful for my son, whose 7 years of joy and enthusiasm have brought untold love, joy, and patience into our home.

I am thankful for my son's birth mother who chose us, out of hundreds of highly qualified families, to raise her son as our own.

I am thankful for my 4 year old daughter, my curly-haired gift of nature, sent to us from Heaven.

We are a family, so we periodically drive each other nuts, but the nuts are just a sprinkle on top of a big ol' hot fudge sundae!

--Nikki

[​IMG]

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm very thankful that we live in America! We have a lot to be proud about! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

9. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the great BYC members. You've been a wealth of knowledge. I am so thankful for making it through another tough year. My DH and I have been unemployed for what seems forever. Thanks to my family and friends for moral support and a shoulder to lean on. We couldn't of made it without you.

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I am thankful for my kind and hard working dh.

Thankful for my mom who is always there for me.

Thankful for my well behaved kids.

Thankful for my 2 good friends even though I see them but once a year.

Thankful that as a woman I was born in the US and not some other country where even today horrible(IMO) things are done just because you are a woman.Thank you again mom for escaping your own country on foot and getting political asylum in the US! How different all our lives would be had you never taken that risk.

Thankful I have BYC and the sister sites to post on and read daily!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by