Who could my mommy be?

White hides colors. I think that's the only possibility to get barring, since it is not likely your other birds have it.

What color feet does the baby have? What color feet does the roo have? It may help you some because I noticed your black hen has black feet and if the roo doesnt and the baby does...wouldnt that fit? I dont think its the partridge color one. But, I could see it being the white one, or if the black one is a black sexlink, it would make perfect sense. What other breeds could the black be? Exactly what assortment did you get? Usually they list the possibilities with the assortment. I realize they will never tell you which ones your getting, but this would help us narrow it down.
ETA: your chick looks like a pullet right now to me. I am thinking the reason someone said its a cockerel is if its barred rock, the cockerels normally get a white spot on their head...i think...dont quote me on it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, I think so too!
big_smile.png

Thanks for all of your help! I was guessing that Mildred (the white one) was the mom, otherwise Gypsy, Australorp, would not be a purebred as daddy is also Australorp.

Back
Top Bottom