Who eggsactly layed these?

MickeysChicks

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
South Carolina
O.k. I have taken some pictures of this weeks egg crate. Beautiful color variations! But I still have no idea who layed which egg.
I'm giving my 1 year old red comets credit for the largest reddish brown eggs because those look like what they've been laying all year. I'm assuming the darkest brown eggs are my cuckoo marans, even though they are not as dark as I had hoped they would be. I have one egg that is very light tan (almost white) and then lots of variations of light brown. No sign of any blue (dang it). You can see in some of the closeups there is alot of "speckled" coloring.The pencil numbers on the eggs are the days I collected them.

I don't know which girls laid them, but the are beautiful!
thumbsup.gif

Of course I dunno either. I guess the only way to know who laid what is to hang around and watch them, which I don't like to do, particularly during laying time. That seems to be a most sensitive time and I dare not be disruptive of it -- not worth losing eggs over. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. You got the eggs is what matters. I've had such wonderings too. I guess you can try to breed out the layers of the most desired colours. That's what I've wanted. We got roosters and they do do their thing, lol.

Back
Top Bottom