Who Else Is Eating Their Homegrown Chicken Eggs Right Now?

I have a fried egg every morning, sometimes a little runny over toast, sometimes crispy on its own.

My morning routine is to take a run, come home stretch, drink a glass of water and a glass of kefir, shower, and then have my eggs and coffee
smile.png
By then the kids are awake and ready for their eggs!

We like em poached in our stainless steel poacher, but just any ol' way is good! Lately I have been putting cooking spray in a small bowl, whipping up two eggs, adding chopped onion, jalapenos, seasoning and microwaving for about 2.5 min. Slap that bad boy on toasted homemade bread with some Miracle Whip or mayo...quick breakfast! I know, I know, where's the cheese and meat? We try to go without dairy and commercially grown, processed meats here, so no cheese or bacon! Still finger-lickin'!

I had a scrambled egg sandwich for dinner, thanks to my hens!

All my eggs are fertile, and sometimes, there will be a tiny red speck in the egg (the embryo) I just pick it out and cook anyway.
Does anybody else do that? I used to feel bad, but not really anymore. It grosses my husband out, so I just don't say anything when I cook the eggs for him, hehe!

Quote:
Actually, those red spots are blood spots and have nothing to do with fertility if I remember correctly. I guess I am just disgusting....I just mix them in and cook them on the rare occasion I find one. I figure it is just a part of the egg/animal and doesn't bother me....I just don't yell anyone else.

A few days ago, I gave my reliable egg layers to my neighbor (my 4 banties). They were getting beat up by my roos. Still waiting for my large pullets to lay.

sad.png
I miss my banty eggs
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom