Who else is jumping out of their skin waiting?/They're here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SarahBeth9394, Mar 4, 2011.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    I want EE's and the local feed store is getting them Tuesday. I can't hardly contain myself waiting. I've bugged the feed store 3 times so far. They say they should be in on Tuesday. These are my first and I've waited 5 count em 1 2 3 4 5 years and I am loosing it. Thankfully I got a dose of baby animal sweetness today. I give one of my daughters friends a ride home several times a week and when we dropped him off he asked if we wanted to see the baby goats. Yeah, like I would say no.... So I got to hold a 5 day old pygmy goat. Good golly the cuteness. And that soft baby goat bleet....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Songster

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Meeee too. Have to wait until I return from a business trip for my fuzzies. Some getting mailed, some from TSC (I hope they still have some when I get back). [​IMG]

3. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    I got em! I got em![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They were supposed to be in today but I was so antsy yesterday I called just in case they came early. They did. I got 4 Americauna's, 2 Rhode Island Reds, and 1 Barred Rock. I went back today to get a different feeder (I didn't like the one I made) and all the chicks were sold out [​IMG] . The order was 100 chicks and they sold out in less than 24 hours. I'll post some pics later because now it's time to clean out the brooder. They poop alot [​IMG]

4. SuburbanFarmstress

SuburbanFarmstress In the Brooder

Jan 6, 2011
    Bay Area - 707
    I know the feeling! I've waited seven years to have chickens, and I got my first five bantam Ameraucanas yesterday-three lavenders and two BBS. And they are sooo cute, it was 100% worth the wait!

Of course, now I'm impatiently waiting for the wheatens she promised me next month, lol.

5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Man they develop fast. Monday they had all fluffy down and today their wing tips are feathering. Just too darn cute!

6. oherin

oherin In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Quote:Glad to know they are worth the wait. I have had chickens on the brain since 2006! I get mine tomorrow!

7. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Yesterday they started hopping over each other and stretching out their wings. They have really grown in just 5 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: