Who Else Is Setting Their First Hatch? Hatch Along! ~UPDATES!!~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickLover98, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I'm embarking on an eggsperiment! I am totally new to incubation, but I set my first good egg today! I regulated my first bator and the circut blew, so I just finished regulating the second and put one eggsperimnent egg in. Who would like to set their eggs around this time, too and hatch along with me? We will keep each other updated and post pics! Let me start: Here are pics of my new bator, my homemade candler and the egg I am using.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy! I hope to have a group going! It would be best if we also had a more experienced person in the group, too so that they can make sure were doing everything right! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. stallionhawk

stallionhawk Out Of The Brooder

I set my first eggs on the 14 in an incubator. Put 3 1/2 dozen eggs in there. I have had broodys hatch babies many times, but this is my first time with and incubator. There are alot of first timers that set eggs around the 14. Maybe you should check out that post.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=385493

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Great! Anyone else wanna join? We need all of the members we can get! I am extremely nervous that this isnt gonna work. I am definately a first timer! [​IMG]

4. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    This is my first time too. Yet I have had several broody hens this year hatch out chicks.

5. orionburn

orionburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    First timer incubating as well, but I'm about done. Got my first pip yesterday and can hear one chirpping away like mad. Should hopefully be seeing chickies tomorrow or Friday. [​IMG]

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    im just going to lurk on this thread so i can see all the chick pics.... [​IMG]

7. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I hatched some guineas last month, but this is my first time with chickens and my first time with a decent incubator. Go chickies go! I am in lockdown now, hoping for a hatch on saturday.

8. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Great everybody! Good news: I finally got my bator to stay at 99.5 degrees exactly! Whooo hooo![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Make sure you keep us updated! Good luck!

9. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I set my first eggs last Friday! Over 4 dozen Polish, Silkies, Mille Fleur d'Uccles, BLRW's and Modern Game. So far, so good! Good luck everyone!!!

10. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    Quote:Set mine saturday, I have the same incubator just bought it, i am going to make a candler thingy like you did, thanx for posting pix of it
    Oh i have12 silkie eggs in incubator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by