Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I'm so jealous of these egg layers. Still waiting at 21 and 23 weeks...

I have one squatter and that's it. Her comb and one of my RIR are big and red.

Got only 1 so far at 1130 it's funny watching them they just singing away 2 yesterday have 6 hens hope they all start laying soon 20 weeks old

you know it is your responsibility to provide a safe habitat for your chickens. If something is sneaking in and getting them then that means you have left a way in for the predator. So please predator proof there habitat.

Just got 2nd egg. Went out and it was still warm, so just missed who laid it, so I still don't know who it is. Was just as exciting as finding the first one. Can't imagine ever not being excited about finding eggs. Thanks to everyone on here... It is so nice to be able to share and not have people think I am crazy...

My girls are about 5 months old and have not started laying yet. They have been through a lot recenly though, and between the heat and stress, i understand.

Started with 6 girls, then about a month ago one of the girls started crowing. That week he died to a neighbor dog. So they no more free range and i was given a rooster. All but one of my now 5 girls hated him, but he finally won thevrest over.

Then I built then a nice large fenced in area to be able to run and flap their wings, but safer from the dogs.

Then lost one to something that waited until dark, crawled past the rooster into the henhouse, pulled out oneof the girls, jumped the fence, then got scared away.

The now 4 girls and my rooster weere nervous, then two days ago it happpened again.

So now I am down to three chickens, one rooster, and a parinoid self that checks every time one of my dogs bark.

Hopefully, the first egg will come soon!
How sad! Fingers crossed for you

Found my first egg today.
celebrate.gif
Just wish i knew who left me the surprise.

That's a unique looking egg, surely someone knows what lays such a beauty! (not me though lol)

I caught my Cukoo Marans yesterday in a nest box & when she got out there was a pretty dark egg with speckled, so I think the 1st one may have come from her.

It really surprises me that she was my 1st to lay an egg at 21 weeks, since I thought she would be slow to mature.

My cuckoo maran is only 20 weeks I think and she still is pretty immature at least her comb is still pretty pale. I am anxious for her eggs though. Only one of my EEers have laid so far.

Back
Top Bottom