Who Has A License From The G & F Departament?

jm93030

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Hello guys

any of you have a license from the game and fish departament ?

what are the benefits of having one?

Thank you

Hello Juan,

License for what? Raising quail? It varies from state to state, check with the CA regulations, they are probably online.

I have a license. It is required here...I got the information online and registered (it takes a while) and then they called to make an appointment.

Im sorry , I meant license for keeping quail at home

I went to the california website but there are so many license kinds that i just got lost

I was wondering if any one has one what benefits are by getting one .

for example in your state what benefits do you get by getting one license?

Do you mean like a license to own gamebirds? If you have more than 50 birds (coturnix or bobwhites, in some states even button quail) you need to have them registered with the state, or that was what I was told at least. I am game farm licensed. If you have them as pets and at home (like 4-5 hens in the garage) you don't need a license...some people have managed to have birds without a license as well....but I don't recommend that. The advantage...you get the latest disease outbreaks in the area with wild birds and such...you can send in birds to get tested if you have a mortality for free (NPIP does it too).

Quote:
Generally no benefits to speak of, but if a license ir required it's a good idea to get it. Otherwise you face confiscation of your birds and a big fine at a minimum.

*** I stand corrected, quaillady knows a LOT more than I!

Last edited:
I don't have one, but I've only got coturnix, buttons, and 1 melanistic ringneck pheasant. Here in KY we only need a permit to keep bobwhites and grouse (or several species of waterfowl, but that's a different forum
smile.png
).

Quote:
Generally no benefits to speak of, but if a license ir required it's a good idea to get it. Otherwise you face confiscation of your birds and a big fine at a minimum.

*** I stand corrected, quaillady knows a LOT more than I!

That's probably the 'benefits' of having one in Florida, I would think each state is different.

Thank you guys

you are great help

I just contacted the G & F dept.

they will mail me some information

Back
Top Bottom