Who has bad neighbors?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bleenie, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LALADY1101

LALADY1101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    WE moved and then less than a year later, their house was taken by Hurrican Rita and they moved!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    my next door neighbor to the back of our property has a husky. she used to be nice, comming over for treats and to be petted. then one day she was different. she always poops in my yard. if my kids are in the yard playing and this dog comes over, the dog will growl at my kids like they are on her property. i've talked to the neighbor 3 times now and she doesn't believe me. so i talked to her husband he knew. he said he doesn't understand why his wife will not put the dog on a leash when they have one. so now when i see their dog pooping in my yard, i shovel it up and throw it back into their yard.

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My in-laws and their chicken hating dogs live next door. I have had their dog jump my fence 3 times and get my birds. The last time it got some game load up it's hiney and hasn't come back [​IMG] The neighbor was called and told as politely as possible that if it does come back...it won't be game load next time. Their dogs and all the surrounding neighbors dogs run loose all the time. I have Pit Bulls that if I let them run like that the whole neighborhood would be on my doorstep complaining! I can't stand double standards, but I keep my dogs up because I love them. Why can't these other idiots do the same?!!? That same above mentioned dog has gotten the neighbors ducks as well, but after being told countless times, the lazy next door neighbor refuses to keep her dogs in her yard. What a jerk, and I have to look at her over Thanksgiving turkey [​IMG]

4. LALADY1101

LALADY1101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Quote:Don't cha just LOVE family?!?!?!

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

My neighbors either respect me or fear me. I am known for speaking my piece. My neighbors know I will drop their dog on a dime if it's in my yard messing with my flock. I will protect what's mine.

6. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    I am the kind of person that speeks my mind also. Now I have learned from my husband and the man that lives next to me to keep my friends close and my enemys closer. My house sits close to the road and the other house sits way back necks to my woods. I wanted to cut some trees down in my woods so I taged them with little orange plactic strip like things. The men next door came out yelling and told me l could not do that till I had a survey. I don't need a survey where the line is clearly marked. I didn't take the trees down at this time but he came over and took the tags down so I put them back up. When they came down again I put a sign up, no trespassing. That came down and he shot my horse in the hip and a friends horse I had over here in the rump. Three days later he shot my horse in the face and the other one in the shoulder. I moved both hourses. He cut the electric fence down and called on my answering machine and said "If those horses come back there going to die." Police didn't do a thing.
    I put cameras up two fences 6 feet apart. One for him and one for the horses. My husband went down in the woods at night and cut a BIG tree down. I think he messed his pants, I know I did.
    Long story but he thinks I believe he didn't do it and he is watching out for my. I got it all worked out buy talking to a higher power.

7. Mr.Bojangles

Mr.Bojangles Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2010
    Ayden,NC 28513
    Quote:About 10 years ago my neighbor who lives a quarter mile from me, lets her dogs roam loose. Our county having no leash laws, so calling the sheriff is a waste of time. One afternoon her two dogs chased down and killed two turkeys on my property, while I was cutting grass. My daughter ran and told me what was happening. Let me tell you I never saw a dog run so fast, when I dropped his brother with #1 buckshot, and tore his hindparts up as he was exiting my property.

Yep they called the law on me, wanted me arrested, claimed the dogs were worth $5000.00 each. The deputy took pictures of the dead turkeys, the dog tracks, the dead dog next to one of the turkeys. and asked me to meet him in a hour at the magistrates office. Upon viewing the evidence, and a log of complains by me in previous months. He told the dog owners that what I did was justified. He also told asked me the value of the turkeys in their presents. I stated as they were pets to my family, we would settle for $500.00 each. He asked me if I wished to bring charges against them. I told him , I wanted to confer with my attorney first. He told the dog owner they could leave, about a month later they sold their house and moved back to Maryland. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now all my other neighbors and even the deer hunters seem to avoid letting their dogs come in smelling distance of my property!!

8. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Quote:Like *heck* I'd let it go!

I have a neighbor who used to steal my eggs... MY BREEDING FLOCK HATCHING EGGS! I pad locked all the coops up - put out a stealth-cam and trip wires! lol You could tell where she would cross the tree line to get on my property. Needless to say... I get all my eggs now.
    Same neighbor... used to let my goats out (about the same time) at night and let them run... guess she thought they would run away. I know it was a human (and her) because I have two latches for their door and it takes two hands to open each one. It has happened more than once. Now that bottom latch has a pad lock.
    Same neighbor... put her nasty dog "houses" (they are just trash with tarps on some of them) on my property line so close that two were legally on my property... so I took my lawn mower and ran straight into them and knocked them back onto her property... dog not in them of course. Did I mention she is a dog hoarder? Barely keeps them fed and they inbreed, and they all are sick. I literally seen three attack one and nearly kill it... I called the law (she wasn't home at the moment) to come and stop the dog fight and they showed up too late. I never seen the other dog again. I tried my best to stay on my property but get the three dogs off of the other. It gave the one time to get lose from it's chain... I think it ended up getting killed by them. The three mean one ran after it into the woods... there was lots of horrible noise and then nothing.

I hate neighbors. Don't you? I bet if one stole my birds, I'd not "let it go". It's a shame how people will disrespect others property.

9. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I have one set of neighbors who suck bigtime and one set who are absolutely the best people I've ever met.

The sucky ones burn their fields rather than mowing, which is lovely and super safe since we're right next to a state forest. They have neglected goats. One day while I was out walking, my dog went over to sniff the goats. Total friendly behavior, no chasing. Farmer Bob or whoever came peeling over in his pickup to inform me that if my dog didn't stop harassing his goats he would shoot her. This was while she was totally ignoring them, muching on some goat poop.
    These same people have had goats die, and once I counted SEVEN days that the dead goat was in the pasture before they picked it up.

The other neighbors came to my rescue when a horse was loose. They also babysat my dogs for the weekend when my dogsitter bailed at the last minute.
    Guess who gets eggs from us?

10. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:We have a lawn mower driver too.. He goes everywhere on that thing!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by