who has been getting less eggs in the past few weeks?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kscottjoyce, Mar 23, 2011.

1. kscottjoyce

kscottjoyce Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Townsend
    Just wondering,
    How many people have been getting less eggs in the past few weeks?

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I just started getting fewer eggs this past week. Don't know why though. [​IMG]

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I have. They all seem fine though.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Mine are just the opposite. Laying more eggs then I can keep up with.

5. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Quote:That's what they are supposed to be doing... But not mine.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I was getting zero eggs out of over 40 girls weeks ago, but, I'm getting super production now. [​IMG] thanks to a bobcat going bye-bye.

7. buff

buff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Shippenville, PA
    I have been getting fewer eggs also. My flock seem fine. But I do have some chickens that apparently isn't eating enough oystershell for they because once in a while i find a softshelled egg in nesting box and if I don't get it out before another hen goes in to lay an egg and breaks the egg then they end up eating it. That seems like why somedays I have less eggs.

8. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I'm getting more eggs than I ever have, but I started my birds on Ultimate Vitamins from Foy's Pigeon's and they are laying great now.

9. Jim Pryce

Jim Pryce Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    My gals were slow, but with the recent weather warmup here in Southeast Michigan, they really kicked production into gear. It has cooled off & is raining right now & is supposed to be in the 30's through the weekend. Hoping they don't get confused & slow down again.

10. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Mine too have been laying less than during the cold weather of winter. I just broke 2 broodies this past weekend & am hoping that they get back into the groove of laying soon. On Friday I only got 1 egg...[​IMG]
    I thought once spring & warmer weather came, that they would start laying like crazy but its been just the opposite. Very odd.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by