Who has Call ducks ?

RAREROO

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
I am thinking about getting some Call Ducks , Snowys and Pastels to start with but I would also be intersted in other colors if anyone has any or knows who does, I think I would prefer hatching eggs of maybe ButterScotch, Blue, Black bidded,chocolate and I may also be interested in other colors if you all know of any. I may also be interested in Black East Indies, Mandarins, Wood Ducks, Teals, ect....

Also please post pics of any small/bantam waterfowl that you have.

Thanks

I've got them, but I've never sold their eggs.....they can be hard to hatch under the best of conditions let alone shipped.
100_0718-Copy.jpg
100_0049.jpg
100_0050.jpg

Last edited:
I have six calls: 3 grey (2 fe & 1 male), 1 black (fe), 1 butterscotch (male), 1 silver (fe) and a pair of Mandarins. I love mine. The male mandarin is sooooo gorgeous and my calls are the cutest little duckies. You'll love them too. Good luck and have fun with them!

I have 2 chocolates the are still in the brooder hatched beginning of October! Too cute but we still miss our Pekin.

Unlike Pekins, Call Ducks are good flyers! I have seen people on this forum who say their call ducks fly around then come back. Mine stay in a predator proof pen. I had a pair shipped from Mrs. Turbo, and out of the several dozen eggs I've bought, only five have hatched. They are so cute!

These are my Calls the week I bought them. I don't have any recent pics of them, but they haven't changed much. They were 4-5 weeks old in these pictures, and have feathered out nicely since. They are now about 5 months old. The Magpie is a male and the Black-bibbeds are females.

Calls1.jpg

Calls2.jpg

Calls3.jpg

Cds.jpg

From what I've compared to others' ducks, mine are pet quality.
smile.png
They're great animals, though. Never regretted them. I'm hopping to purchase eggs next season and host some new colors to my farm.

KMHunter, you might find some breeders via BYC but you can also look around near you. And most Calls, ducklings, and eggs are going to be sold in the spring and summer, which I believe is their mating season-time?

Mahsmaj, I free-range mine with my Muscovies and have yet to have a problem. They can fly well but haven't left home. The only problem I have is that I fear what would happen if a hawk ever came by, as Calls are small and don't put up as much of a fight as larger breeds, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom