Who Has Stent(s) And For How Long?

texas75563

Songster
8 Years
7 Years
Jan 24, 2012
Linden, Texas
7 years ago I had a heart attack and a stent put in. Wednesday I had another heart attack due to that stent becoming completely blocked. I arrived home from hospital about 2 hours ago. I will try and get some scans made of the pictures tomorrow.
I was curious as how long others have gotten out of their stents? Has any one lost loved ones due to stents failing?

I'm sorry about your heart attacks, and I hope you regain your strength soon. My mother had a stent put in over 10 years ago and after several years it was found that the same artery had plaque build up again. The cardiologist discovered it during routine monitoring. Another stent was put in, and she continues her routine monitoring. I'm glad they never recommended a bypass surgery, considering the risk associated with general anesthesia.

Last edited:
My mother has stents put in about four or five years ago. She has been just checked out and had to replace one of the stents because it was clogged up. Other than that, she did just fine.

I am sure it is not fun having it. I hope I don't have to go thru it but as the odds against me, it is inherited so I will face it sooner or later!

Pictures are self explanatory. Before new stent was put in and after new stent was put in.

Hope yall Mom's are doing good! Heredity can be a witch! The heart disease comes from my Mom's side of family too!

It feels like recovery is taking forever. I have been out of hospital a week. I have no strength or energy. All I do is rest and sleep. I got 8 baby black star roos on the 1st. I don't get to spend much time with them.

I called our local Tractor Supply about 3 weeks earlier. They said they would get chicks in on March 1st. Due to mild weather they got them in earlier. 8 roos all they had left of the black sex links.

I had 5 stents put in 10 years ago. The key to keeping them clear is to keep up your cardiovascular exercise and a low fat/cholesterol diet.

Here's mine! Happened in Vegas, Doc told me to go gamble right away because I was the luckiest man in Vegas at the time. This happened in middle of tradeshow in Las Vegas. This is the "widowmaker, LED artery

Before and now after

Back
Top Bottom