Who has the most coop's ?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 7L Farm, Nov 23, 2010.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'm building # 2 as we speak. When does it end? Maybe I should of built one monster coop. Nay, I wanna keep different flocks. I'm gonna expand how about you? Just curious how many coops you have?

2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    5 hopefully six soon [​IMG]

3. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    We have four, but are going to expand over the holidays. We have a long building with 2 coops on one end, a storage room in the middle, and another coop on the other end. We are going to move the storage stuff and then open up the whole building so we can have several segregated coops. Then we get to build pens to go with the coops. That way we will have four together in the one building. We also have a free-standing small coop/run for growing out babies.

4. cletus the rooster

cletus the rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

6 at the moment but hope to have 4 more up by spring [​IMG]

5. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Well, # 2 coop is gonna house 20 hen's no roo. Some customers don't want fertile eggs. Customers are always right. My next chicks I'll hatch so please help me . I've never hatched & raised them from eggs. I'm gonna go crazy Meaning I will fall in love with the the baby chicks. I'm a softee when it comes to animals. Well, I guess I shouldn't count my eggs before they hatch.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Errrk!
    I just counted....nine. Not counting the "hospital" rabbit hutch not in use right Noe - it is only used for sick or injured birds that need rest away from the others.

One coop is a converted plastic Little Tikes playhouse, and one is a duck house the ducks won't use.

Two are coops I built myself. One was built by a builder, ordered as I wanted from a stock type. The rest are coop kits, mostly for grow out coops.

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    7 right now probably 9 by the end of Summer next year:)

8. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Ohio
    11 coops and 2 tractors. 1 dog carrier.Hen hatched her biddies and still takes them back in the carrier so we just pen her up every night. They are gonna out grow it soon.The chicks are half grown now.

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Three

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

We are rebuilding and demolished most of our old coops. Have 6 so far, 4 new and two of the old ones still in use, plan on a total of 25 coops/runs by the end of next year.

It's not as bad as it sounds though, we will have a dozen or less in any one coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by