Who have you had good luck ordering chicks from??

Well the chicks are due here tomorrow. But I forgot to request that they mark the two roos I ordered.
he.gif
Does anyone know if they mark them????? Otherwise I won't be able to tell the difference between the roos I ordered and the packing peanut roos.

I got my order from Cackle if anyone is interested. Right on time, with food and growgel in the box. Didn't loose a one. All healthy and active. Only thing is they didn't mark the Brown Leghorns. But I can live with that. Got 2 packing peanuts, one each of the two breeds I ordered. Thats a
thumbsup.gif
for Cackle Hatchery

edited to add: As far as cost is concerned, after adding up shipping charges. Cackle came out as the cheepest per chick.

Last edited:
I orderd 16 chicks from Chickens for your Backyard hatchery, they are all different and super diverce. they will be ready in April. i went to many hatcheries and they said my order wouldnt be ready until September! i think its the best hatchery ever!

We have had good luck with McMurray...until this week. It always takes at least 4 days for them to arrive, but they have always been healthy. This week however our chicks didn't arrive until Wednesday, and they actually shipped on Sat. The PO called and said "what do you want us to do with this box of dead chicks." All 41 DOA. We called mcmurray and they were very polite, no questions asked, a replacement order is being shipped now.

We have had good luck with McMurray...until this week. It always takes at least 4 days for them to arrive, but they have always been healthy. This week however our chicks didn't arrive until Wednesday, and they actually shipped on Sat. The PO called and said "what do you want us to do with this box of dead chicks." All 41 DOA. We called mcmurray and they were very polite, no questions asked, a replacement order is being shipped now.

Same situation as us here in KY. We ordered 41 as well. First time ordering from McMurray, they are replacing the order and their customer service is excellent.

If the replacement order is DOA we'll be getting a full refund and looking elsewhere for chicks.

Us too. If these are DOA, we will try Meyers. They are located in Ohio, maybe they can get them here in a couple of days. Plus, they don't ship on the weekend when the PO doesn't run. Our next batch from McMurray is scheduled March 5th, so we will find out then.

I ordered 25 white crested black Polish from McMurray Hatchery last April. All 25 arrived and were healthy. A cold snap a couple weeks later culled my flock somewhat, but that was not McMurray's fault. My "mystery" chick turned out to be a Barred Rock rooster, who was a magnificent bird.

Recent fox and hawk depredations have devastated my flock, including our rooster, who lost his head to the fox. I am going to look into Cackle Hatchery, based on the positive reviews here and the fact that I don't need the 25 minimum required by McMurray.

Im glad I found this thread. I wrote down all the reccomended small order sites. I saw everyone say McMurry,but like other's said the min. order is 25, I only need 12. I emailed them yesterday to see if I could order a smaller batch. The nice reply was ,"No". My local feed mill will have them in on March 3, and Tractor Supply around the same time. Since I'm new to building my flock, I'm actually going to shop around to get the best price.

Back
Top Bottom