Who here is into Photography?

Each one takes me under 15 mins usually...I believe the last one took me the longest (mostly because I was still a photoshop/lightroom newbie).
Hmm...the first one was just a conversion from color to Black&White in Lightroom. For the second one, I had to get rid of some wrinkles and spots on the white background. The white background was the back of wrapping paper, so it had a lot of winkles and some of the color on the wrapping paper was trying to show through. And on the third one (tulip and rose), I gave it some extra contrast and upped the vibrance.
Finally..the last one...I remember having to straighten the horizon. The faint mountains in the background where only on the left side of the tree originally. It looked really off balance and awkward, so I used the clone tool in Photoshop to add some mountains on the right side. I darkened some of the shadows in the snow (under the tree). There was also a bit of vignetting done on the top two corners. I used a dark blue instead of black to do the vignetting.

Funny. I was going to make a post about this! Well, I am trying my best...

(Anemone)

(A California sunset)

(Our anemone)

(my and my baby and best friend)

(Flower with a ant on it)

(Cream the cuckoo maran){3 weeks}

I'm just curious who on BYC is into photography. Perhaps if you'd like to tell what camera you have, some of your favorite methods, and maybe some shots?

Personally, I have some cheap digital camera that I only use for dangerous things that hurt cameras, like road trips with buddies and school events. I also have a Nikon D5000 for more artsy pictures. My mother and I share lenses when we get the chance and she has a Nikon D50 and a D60. We're both in the same wildlife photography club, so we switch cameras on occasion during safaris.
If you'd like to see some of my pictures, they're at MaggieRae's Pictures .

Thanks!

I love taking photos. If anyone wants to join a photo chat, you can join at uglyhedgehog. They have challenges everyday too. I am a photo nut.

Nice picts!

I'm also an UW photographer. 20d in an Ike housing.

I have a sealife reef master mini. This was a cruise trip, so I didn't pack my external flash, I regret the decision as the pictures aren't near the same quality without the external flash :(

Here is an older one taken with the external flash, big difference

Last edited:
I recently started volunteering for a cocker spaniel rescue and will be their new dog picture taker. Here are some of the ones I took last weekend.

Last edited:
The dog pictures are lovely... except I don't think you caught the "best side" of the dog in that third picture
gig.gif

It reminds me of the time my mother handed me a bad photo, of myself, and said "Oh, here Honey,
you're going to want to throw this one away.

ep.gif

The dog pictures are lovely... except I don't think you caught the "best side" of the dog in that third picture
gig.gif

It reminds me of the time my mother handed me a bad photo, of myself, and said "Oh, here Honey,
you're going to want to throw this one away.

ep.gif

Yea I know. He is a nut and did not sit still the entire time, so all the other photos were blurry.

Hey, just thought I'd jump into the conversation. I love photography. Sports photography is my favorite, but its been a bit since have had the chance to really spend time on a field or court. I hike my gear up with me on all our backpacking trips, no matter the extra weight. Its so worth it. The first two are from a trip to South Dakota, and the third is a game ball that's important to me.

Back
Top Bottom