Who here is into Photography?

I just tried taking some pictures of roses at dusk (and some earlier to compare) and the difference is unreal! Thx for the advice.

Two of the pictures I took (the first is earlier and the second was at dusk)

I only wish I had a camera with better noise reduction. And I'll probably have to crop out the dead branch on the left side. Either way I am really impressed with the results. Thx!

Last edited:
I just tried taking some pictures of roses at dusk (and some earlier to compare) and the difference is unreal! Thx for the advice.

Two of the pictures I took (the first is earlier and the second was at dusk)

I only wish I had a camera with better noise reduction. And I'll probably have to crop out the dead branch on the left side. Either way I am really impressed with the results. Thx!

Your welcome, and the results are great.

Old Yellowstone Trail, Wyoming. I just got back from a 2 month holiday to America and it was the best thing I've ever done! Yellowstone is gorgeous!

Glad you enjoyed your visit! If ever there was place to both captivate and frustrate photographers, this is Wyoming is it! Captivate because there's always something incredible around the bend, and frustrate because some of the scenery is so grand it's hard to frame in the best shot sometimes! I live pretty close to Yellowstone so we spend a lot of time there. Hard for people to imagine but the roads through Yellowstone are more than just a visitor's way around the Park...they are part of our highway system. To go from our place to Idaho, for instance, the fastest route is to go in through the East Gate of the Park and then out through the West Gate - straight through. Same with going from here to Jackson - in the East Gate, out the South Gate. Hope you made it to Grand Teton National Park while you were here - one of my favorite spots for photography.

@Blooie You are so lucky! We had 5 days at Yellowstone and we drove through the park almost every day just for the fun of it. I loved Lamar Valley, and though I hoped to see a bear we ended up seeing one in Sequoia Nat'l Park later on. Mammoth Hot Springs was incredible.

An easy way to clean the background is to take the picture at dusk, the flower colors really pop and the background darkens naturally

These all had messy distracting backgounds that were minimized are disappeared b/c it was dusk
Another way of getting rid of background is to use the fill flash along with a fast shutter speed, the flash illuminates your subject and since the background is usually too far away to be lit, it fades to black.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on sunset photography?
I have been trying to get some photos and while they turn out pretty good, they aren't exactly what the sky looks like in person. (At least as far as color contrast goes)
Here are some I have taken.....

@Joshua G These are great! I have a Canon, and for sunsets I often use manual shutter speed. I slow the shutter so I can capture the sunlight/rays which helps a lot, but it depends on how low the sun is.
Here's one:

Does anyone have any tips or advice on sunset photography?
I have been trying to get some photos and while they turn out pretty good, they aren't exactly what the sky looks like in person. (At least as far as color contrast goes)
Here are some I have taken.....

I think these pics are stunning, what is the difference you are trying to achieve?

Back
Top Bottom