Who here is into Photography?

Hi all! Stumbled on this thread and thought I'd share. Photography has been a hobby of mine for the past decade. I use a Canon EOS 30D with a EF24-70mm lens.

Dew-covered honeybee on a cosmos flower.

Product photo for my better half's business.

Doogle, the most photogenic dog ever. :)

Hi all! Stumbled on this thread and thought I'd share. Photography has been a hobby of mine for the past decade. I use a Canon EOS 30D with a EF24-70mm lens.

Those are great! I love that honeybee!

I'm just curious who on BYC is into photography. Perhaps if you'd like to tell what camera you have, some of your favorite methods, and maybe some shots?

Personally, I have some cheap digital camera that I only use for dangerous things that hurt cameras, like road trips with buddies and school events. I also have a Nikon D5000 for more artsy pictures. My mother and I share lenses when we get the chance and she has a Nikon D50 and a D60. We're both in the same wildlife photography club, so we switch cameras on occasion during safaris.

If you'd like to see some of my pictures, they're at MaggieRae's Pictures .

Thanks!
love photograph..I do a lot of bird photography.

When I get on the desktopcomputer later I will upload a few of my pictures.
My first camera was a Nikon Coolpix S3100 that I had for almost 5 years. I dropped it so many times, most recently in 2015 on RR ballast stones, that there were black spots in the lense and there were black spots in most pictures I took. I LOVED that camera. I enter my photographyat a local fair and lots of times it beats shots taken with the most expensive cameras! After my S3100 died completely last year (the telescope wouldn't come out or go back in, the gears were jammed), I was deabting between the Samsung one or the Nikon Coolpix S7000 (I think that's the right number). I've had the S7000 since christmas and really like it. Especially the macro mode. I sort of wish I would've had it before the trip to WA though... most of my pictures have to be edited or cropped to get rid of black spots from my S3100....

Just a few of my pictures from our roadtrip. The pictures are from several different states...
1. A sunset (forge which state)
2. Colorado
3. Onalaska, Wisconsin
4. West Glacier, Montana
5. Onalaska, Wisconsin
6. Hungry Horse dam (Montana)

Last edited:
Oh, ok. Here are some photos of my peafowl today. Spring is here and my boys are constantly fanning and every now and then you'll hear my males call.

Wow! You're really good!

Back
Top Bottom