Who here is into Photography?

I got a wonderful Mother's Day gift from my husband and kids this Mother's Day. My husband got me a Nikon D3100. It is a great camera so far. The only trouble I have in the len that came with it doesn't zoom in as much as I want. Since most of my pictures I take are animals on the farm, I need a len that I can really zoom in on them. I am new to fancy cameras. What is the best len to get that doesn't cost a lot of money?

Here are a few pictures I have taken. I am still using the Auto on the camera because I haven't got to read the booklet yet.

His is my son with his sebright hen and the cayuga ducks in the back.
12415_dsc_0009.jpg

Here is a picture of my baby girl.
12415_liht_now.jpg

About 3 years ago there was a tornado that struck SE Oklahoma very close to my father's home. He has some good friends that were struck hard by it, their home, barn and most of their pasture was blown away. They had two horses in the barn, Tauby and Sox, both horses were near fatally injured. Sox face was nearly ripped off, and Tauby was impaled through the stomach by a 2x4 along w/ many other injuries. After being stabilized they went to pasture on my Father's land, and now even though their pasture and barn are whole again they still come and spend their summers in my fathers pasture. Anyway that is just a little history for the pics to come, they are Tauby (white) and Sox (brown)

66877_sox_1.jpg

66877_sox_2.jpg

66877_sox_3.jpg

66877_sox_4.jpg

66877_sox.jpg

66877_t_and_s.jpg

66877_tauby_1.jpg

66877_tauby_carrots.jpg

The bearded one is my father.

66877_tauby_dad.jpg

I love taking pictures and use a Canon EOS digital (the first model made). I would love to buy a new one as they are better and less expensive now. Used a Canon EOS 35mm for years before that and bought the digital so I could use the lenses and big flash from the 35 mm. Still think the 35mm takes better pics but I hardly use it anymore.

Quote:
I really love the first 6's point of view. That's a really cool way to look at things. My Nature Photography club's most recent theme was "Up, down, and sideways", trying to get new weird and interesting angles to spice up an ordinary picture. You could have submitted any one of those!
thumbsup.gif

41261_1481542331927_1634891305_1142702_2043398_n.jpg

I didn't even know that the bumble bee was there until I was sorting through the pics at home. In the thumbnail it just looked like a smudge

Back
Top Bottom