Who inspires you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamagardener, Nov 10, 2011.

1. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Who inspires you to be a better person, or try harder?
    I would have to say besides my late parents and grandparents...
    Mother Teresa
    she was someone who gave so selflessly. She wasn't a weird fanatic or an egocentric trying to make herself look good.
    She was just a person who wanted to make the world a better place without playing the games of celebrities and politicians.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Teresa

"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." Mother Teresa

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    My son. I want to be remembered fondly as a kind and generous person.
    He surprises me daily on how well adjusted he is.

...and I suppose if It has to be a celebrity, I would pick Jim Henson. You are never too old for the joy of playfulness

3. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    My Mom who died a few years ago, she was a do it yourselfer and taught me how to take care of myself. My boss who always displays grace under pressure. My best friend, Kim, who shows me every single day that she is there for me, and that she needs me in her life. My good friend, Judy, who is a straight shooter, unafraid to tell you when you are clearly wrong and help to guide you to what is right. My husband, who manages, quite successfully, to be untouched by all the drama that life offers up our way, who is my safe haven when life is stormy, who is strong and loopy enough to love for who I am, and who tells me all the time that he loves the way I love him.

4. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Many people inspire me.

My church family

People that are frugally homesteading - making it without gov't reliance

My parents to an extent, my grandparents

my children and my husband

my teachers at college

kind strangers...

5. annie3001