1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Who is going to hatch in December?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenchickenbulkbulk, Nov 24, 2008.

1. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    I have 18 eggs going to hatch the 10th of December. They are mixed. I can't wait. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] More Chicks!!! My husband just shakes his head at me when I put More in the bator. [​IMG] I just can't help myself. You all understand. RIGHT? Dee Jay

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well, apparently me. My %^&$*(!! silkie is in an unbreakable broody and she's very happily sitting on four eggs at the moment. I think I'm going to sneak a couple more under her. I give up. More chickens are good. [​IMG]

Mine are mostly mutts to. Who knows what will hatch? If I did the math right they sould hatch sometime the week of 12/7.

Silly chicken...

3. Yep, I'm due the 13th if I counted right. Built my own bator and am testing it out with 12 mutt eggs. So we will see if I have everything sdjusted right.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have a broody that is due around the 4th or 5th, I have some button quail eggs due around the same time. I will also have some Christmas duck and geese!! [​IMG]

5. cqranch

cqranch Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    I'll be putting in roughly 60 eggs in bator this week. Some wellies, cuckoo maran, JG, BO, BA, some mutts as well. May be some polish and NN.. those will have to go if they hatch.. I don't do anything crested, puffy or without feathers.. this is my third hatch.. still trying to find the right balance for the bator.. 1st hatch was 3 out of 19, 2nd was 7 out of 30.. not going so good so far.

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess 10 Years

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have 14 BBS Orp eggs due the 10th. [​IMG]

7. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Got some Wellies and BLRWs should arrive Fri. I hope [​IMG] with no mail on Thanksgiving we'll see. First pure breeds for me. And a new bator - 1588 genesis. Yea I just had to try it out!

8. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Songster

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I just set 18 standards and banties 6 of each.Should be due around Dec.15

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Got 12 white chinese goose/pilgrim cross and 12 peklin duck eggs due on Dec 5th! Still wiggling and looking good at candling.

10. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I have one incubator full of coturnix egg, and another with light brahmas and Mille Fleurs. Also a broody silkie with 2 Mille Fleur eggs under her, and I'm stockpiling Millie eggs for one more hatch. [​IMG]

I totally understand. Just about the time I get the last hatch out of the brooder, the next one will be here. And it's [​IMG].

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: