who is my new egg from?

Fanny

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
Manitoba, Canada
Hi everyone,

So happily today for the first time I received 3 eggs - it sure feels like spring. My Easter Egger and Speckled Sussex have been laying for awhile now - but my Silkie and BLRW (both 8 months old) have been holding out. So my question is, who did this new egg come from? My BLRW or my Silkie? It's the smallest one in the photo. Is it a small first egg from my BLRW, or a regular-sized Silkie egg?

35059_3_eggs.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Thanks! I am happy with how the photo turned out (though not as happy as I am about the egg!).

I am leaning towards the silkie - but I guess I should know in the next week or so if the eggs start getting bigger or stay small... I imagine that will be the easiest way to figure it out!

It could be either. My Wyandottes started out with tiny eggs (still kinda small though
sad.png
) and some of them lay a very pale tan color!

Well, I've now concluded that the new layer is the BLRW. The eggs haven't really gotten any bigger yet, but I've caught the BLRW in the nest box a couple of times now.

Now I wonder how long I'll have to wait for the Silkie to finally start laying?! Luckily, she earns her keep in friendliness.

Back
Top Bottom