Who keeps their ducks inside at night??

wow I never would never dream of keeping ducks in my house
th.gif
they are so messy!! but I do enclose them at night in a shed with my chickens. they free range during the day with the chickens and enjoy their pond during the day....I never even thought about a baby crib..guess it would work...but I would have to diaper mine 24/7 cuz there is always duck poop all over in the morning...lol..They do warn the chickens (and us) if something is different in the yard and they are great fun to watch..I have a pair of blue swedish

This is my first post. I use this site a lot for information and had to join.

We got our two ducks around Easter and they are great. My daughters named them Pete and Lemon and they both turned out to be girls. Lemon is a Kaki Cambell and Pete is Cayuga. They are great with my family and life in a pond behind me house. We bring them in every night (unless they don't get out of the pond)..

We've been keeping them in a plastic container with Hay, water, and food. They make a good mess of the box now that they are getting bigger. I read a few posts about people keeping them inside. What do you keep them in and if you any pictures that would be great.

I keep all my ducks in
at night.

I side your house or a coop. I can’t imagine having my 17 inside over night. Although one or two for sleep over would be fun. Loved when we had our little Runners in.

We have a barn and predator proofed two stalls, including beams over the top with 1/2 inch hardware cloth, and on the inside of the stall bars. We have every predator known to man, but also have a number of poultry friendly dogs around the property. That helps keep the daytime ground predators away. There are Hawks and Owls, so we got a covered walk in movable pen. We left the bottom wire long to help keep out the occasional snake. It's nice to move it around because it saves the grass. It also fertilizes the grass and cuts down on feed costs. It really saves the bedding in the stall to have them out. As long as you follow the important rules in predator proofing and don't cut corners, by using cheap materials or chicken wire, the ducks will be safe from everything, short of a bear.

Back
Top Bottom