1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who knows????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lurky, Jan 19, 2008.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    If i collected my eggs at about 5 tonight, and put them in the fridge........does anyone think they would still be ok to try to hatch???? I took them out at 8 for a friend that wants to put them in an incubator.

2. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    they should be fine being in there no longer than that. or at least most of them should be assuming you didnt wash them. its not like they froze or anything.

3. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:No i did not wash them and it was not any longer than that. thanks for your reply [​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    They should be fine...Once I had a customer come and asked for hatching eggs, she wanted more than I had sitting out on the counter, I had just put some in the fridge the day before...just told her to let them come up to room temp...she had a good hatch with the fridge eggs........

5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Thank you, i also had an email today about a member with eggs in the fridge for almost a week and they hatched too. So i am going to give her those eggs too. My big girls have a banty rooster, so i am curious to find out if they are fertile too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by