Who laid this egg???

Quote:
That's interesting! Well, I know that one of my pullets laid that egg! We only got two eggs that day, the pink one and one from the BR. Our GSL was taking a break that day. I'll be sure to report back when I figure out which one is laying pink!

I guess they can all be a little different. Mine have just started laying this week so they're probably still getting things together. As I mentioned, the color is very close. I have three laying right now and the only reason I know who laid what is because we were stalking them yesterday.
smile.png

lau.gif

I do have to say...BYC is the only place the "stalking your chickens" doesn't sound very strange...
gig.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I will say that they are not very happy with me when I open the big door to the coop and peak at them while they are doing their business! The BR won't even let anyone else in the coop while she is laying. She growls at them and they freeze in their tracks in the doorway. How have I lived my whole life and not known how entertaining chickens are?!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I will say that they are not very happy with me when I open the big door to the coop and peak at them while they are doing their business! The BR won't even let anyone else in the coop while she is laying. She growls at them and they freeze in their tracks in the doorway. How have I lived my whole life and not known how entertaining chickens are?!

Me too! My dad always said they were dumb as a stump but he couldn't have been more wrong. DH and I are in our 50s and this is our first flock. We are having a blast. Watching them interact and their funny ways is so much more entertaining than anything on TV. Now that the cooler weather is starting to show up, we will be spending a lot of our spare time watching them.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom