Who layed the Egg? (with pic)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by yoie, Jun 28, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my first egg this morning [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now who layed it? [​IMG] It is off white in color.

My 18 week old girls:
    Salmon Faverolles
    Barred Rock
    Black Australorp
    Easter Egger
    Naked Neck
    Norweigan Jaerhon

My 17 week old girls:
    2 Easter Eggers
    Tetra Tint
    Golden Comet

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. yoie

Ok I keep looking at the egg and I really can't tell if it is white or off white! Its not bright white like the paper towel but it doesn't look brownish either. I think it is either from my norwegian jaerhon or my ee, they seem like the only two that look like they are ready to lay.

3. 12304

12304 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    it is defenitly not from an easter egger but i dont know its a toough one

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Unfortunately, because EEs are so mixed, and are not a genetically monitored breed, it could be an EE egg. Their eggs can be anything from pinkish to cream, to green, to turquios, to army green, and anything between.

Other options for a cream egg like that is your Turken, or your Faverolle.

5. yoie

Ok, now my husband came home from work and I showed him the egg and he said it is a normal white egg [​IMG] Maybe the light in the kitchen was throwing it off for me. If it is white than I know it came from my Jaerhon hen!

6. Clintster

Clintster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Most likely the Naked Neck! Mine laid early and they are always good sized or oblong sized eggs. She is one of our favorites.[​IMG]

7. yoie

Quote:I was thinking it could be her, she has been very chatty lately and one of the redder comb of the group. But who ever it was hasn't layed another egg yet! [​IMG]

8. yoie

Ok as I typed the last response I heard one of my girls making a fuss. I peek in the coop to see Olga my Norwegian Jaerhon in the nestbox! A few seconds later there was an egg! Looked just like the first one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by