Who sells show quality silkies?

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
I am specifically looking for BBS, but also love the buff and partridge. I am not looking for pet quality, but high quality hatching eggs.

I looked at Hattricksilkies site and they are beautiful, but unfortunately priced outside my budget. Who else sells eggs on here?

Someone's being naughty!!

I bought mine from Jenlynn4 aka Sassy Silkies - I don't know if hers are show quality, but they're gorgeous!
droolin.gif
They should be hatching next week
fl.gif

Nice to see you!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I would of happily helped you out but unfortunatly I dont have any roosters hens only hopefully around September Ill have one!
All of mine havent been beat in show!

13569_p2010041.jpg

Check Sanora silkies!

Last edited:
HA! I thought of you when I posted this. I was just getting ready to PM you and ask where you got yours. HeHe... I am being naughty!
lol.png

I'm actually trying to streamline my flock. Eventually it'll be a good thing. I'm trying to limit the bulk of my new purchases to just BBS ameraucanas and (now) silkies. After a year of experimenting here and there I think these are my favorites and the most likely to be marketable around here. Plus, let's face it, I've pretty much been sucked into loving the goofy silkies!

I'm gonna hijack my own thread...
You'll be pleased to know that not only is Fifi the white silkie broody again (2 weeks after starting up laying again!), but she has now corrupted my silver sebright and my mille fleur! The three of them have been sharing one pitiful little egg while I tried to figure out what to do with them. I thought the poor egg was dead since they have been alternately abandoning it and loving it to death. Well, the darn thing hatched this week and both the sebright and the mille fleur d'uccle have claimed it! Baby has two mommies- aren't we all PC in my chicken coop!
smile.png
The chick is likely blue silkie crossed with mille fleur d'uccle and is the funniest looking little thing. Both hens are making broody noises and circling around the poor baby. HA!

So you recommend Jenlynn4? What colors does she have? I can't decide what colors I want to focus on. I'll only be able to keep one roo, so I need to figure out what to breed for. That's why I love BBS- you get so many options with one roo!
smile.png

Quote:
well i just ordered from Bobbi Porto at indigoegg.us she has great birds and they are priced very good for theyre quality. they are some of the best silkies i have seen and are the best quality birds i own and they are still chicks.

Here's Jen's website, so you can drool over all her gorgeous birds! http://www.freewebs.com/sassysilkies/ She has white, b/b/s, buff, partridge, and cuckoo
droolin.gif

I don't know if she's selling now. She ran a special a ways back when she was raising money to put a down payment on her house and she may still be working through those orders.

OT chatter at City Girl:
One of your Silkie crosses hatched???? I'll need to see a picture of that. Two mamas for one chick - Awwwww
smile.png
My bator is clearing out this week - so let me know if now's a good time to get some hatching eggs from you!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom