Who Sews??

Many many many quilts and a lot of mending done with my wal mart sewing machine, but I had no idea what I was missing until I bought a Janome Pro a years back. Janome is a really good name to look for, and they are a bit more money, but the warantees are phenominal, they sew so smooth, have many great features, as well as basic modes, and they last forever!
Happy Sewing!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I have a Brother, it was $900.00. It threads and loads the bobbin. It cuts the thread. It threads the needle. It just doesn't make coffee. It's got the best auto tension I''ve ever had. And you can ask it directions if you forget something. I have had it 6 years and would buy it again today.

I ended up getting a Baby Lock Crafter's Choice and I love it!!! I was able to find it on KSL.com and got it from a girl who had used it 3 times, it looks brand new, and I got it for almost 1/2 price. I am still trying to figure it all out, and I am not a real great at sewing as it is, it is something that I want to learn to do better. But so far, it is awesome!!

I just bought a Brother from Costco on the internet. Great reviews. Here's my question: how do I learn how to sew?
big_smile.png
I know what I want to do, just not how to do it!

I am lucky and the church I belong to is starting a 4 week beginner and advanced sewing class in 2 weeks. Maybe call some of your local sewing machine shops and see if they offer sewing classes.

I have four machines, each with a differant purpose: a heavy-duty straight stich only for sewing canvas,duck cloth, sueade & leathers, a
embroidery machine, a Pfaff serger, and a singer multi-stich. Thats not counting the two antique but functioning Singers I keep just for fun.
You could say I am a bit of a sewing and quilting addict - now a chicken one too!! Quilting and embroidery are my "thing" !!

I have a Brother sewing machine. My only complaint about it is that it is a pain in the butt to load the bobbin in at the bottom. Other than that, it works fine.

I used to have a New Home, then I got a newfangled (and extremely expensive) Pfaff

... but I wish I'd just gotten a plain old Singer.

Buy as high a quality machine as you can comfortably afford if you will be doing a lot of sewing. The extra cost will be worth it in the long run.
THat is my advice anyway.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom