Who should I get rid of?

Culland

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
I have a mixed bag of ducks and trying to decide who should be given away. I have an older roen pair (2+ years), young female roen, young male pekin, male call duck, young muscovy pair. They have been getting along great and I assumed that the male would start fighting sometime in the spring, however the old drake seems to have given the male muscovy the boot already. The muscovy wont go near the rest of the group including going in at night.

Its too cold here, to much snow, and to many predators to be leaving the muscovy out on his own so I am thinking I need to get rid of someone. I was planning to get rid of the muscovy male, but if the drake is just going to next kick out the pekin, then the call duck, I might as well get rid of the old drake instead.

Thoughts? Will the drake settle down after booting the muscovy, the rest of them all seem to get along, or should I expect he will just single out another male soon enough?

Thanks,

Cul

The muscovy male may have decided he would rather be alone. My muscovies are very seldom with the rest of the ducks, they like to hang out in their own group or by themselves.

I hadnt thought of that, thanks for the info. I have however seen the drake put the run on the muscovy a couple times, also he stays 'close' but not close enough and refuses to go into the coop.

Cul

Back
Top Bottom