Who Uses Avia Charge 2000

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by geareduplyn, Feb 28, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Which supplier has the best prices for this?

2. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I can not believe that out of all the BYC members no one uses this stuff or has favorite supplier??

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    what is it?

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
  5. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    OIC, it's a mineral /vitamin supplement. I looked it up out of curiosity.

Stromberg's also had it, their price is cheaper for the 1 lb and 3 lb containers:
    http://www.strombergschickens.com/products/medication.php

I use a vitamin supplement from TSC on occassion ....with new chicks, for birds in molt, etc. I don't think it has contains as many minerals, etc - but it does seem to help. It makes the water yellow and I think it stinks..... LOL I read similar things about Avia Charge 2000...brown water and smell. Most supplements use fish emulsion which is probably why they have the strong smell.

6. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    I got mine from McMurray's also. I have RIR & Comets and I use it in the winter. Seems to keep egg production up some and helps with molting.

7. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    Barnworld,McMurray and Strombergs carry it.Strombergs is a bit higher on it but they will ship it for free also.

8. BlueLacePrincess

BlueLacePrincess New Egg

Jan 23, 2011
    I was reading a chicken news letter from 1923 that stated using buttermilk mixed in with the lay mash would have similar results, more egg production etc.. I have tried this recently and it definitely helped with the egg production and the chickens seemed to love it.

9. woolychicken

woolychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    mesick michigan
    i use this product,i got mine from mcmurry also.i have 3 brooder hens and give it to them 2 times a week,plus the chicks helps them alot in this rotten weather.i also use it for the layer and bantums. a little goes a long way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by