Whole pasture runs?

Ok so update...we have caught one haha! My husband (who is extremely physically fit he's been military for 6 years) chased her down and after something I seriously should have video taped for Americas funniest home videos. It was seriously hysterical and we have her in our 8'x3'x3' brooder inside the hen house. The plan is as soon as we butcher our meat birds the leghorns new house will be the chicken tractor. Problem solved :). Now...we just have to catch 4 more haha!

I would seriously consider catching them at night when they get back into the coop and clip their wings. It is painless and often effective, I would give that a try.

They don't sleep in the house. These chickens are not tame they are seriously wild. They sleep in blackberry bushes and perch on our permeated fence around the property. Their wings are clipped they literally climb fences. And you can't get anywhere near them. Even at night you can't sneak up on them. They see you coming and take off.

I use a long net to catch mine when need be....BUT

there are a couple that I may catch with the .410..

I would think your husband is proficient with firearms.....

Last edited:
True, at least that is my experience with them. When I am dealing with any wild chicken I just sneak up on them at night because when it's fully dark they are really vulnerable as you approach them, even some wild birds are...it's in their nature.
Also if you guys clipped their wings a while ago they might have grown back after molting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom