Whoo whoo! Set 4 duck eggs! 10-17-10 :) *Update! Pic!*

So they should be just about ready to hatch, right? How are they doing?

They could be mixed, but most likely they are either pure rouen or pure pekin. All my ducks run around together but the white girls don't like the dark boy and vice versa....my ducks are racists
lau.gif

I have 4 pekin ducks, 2 ducks and 2 drakes. One of the drakes is double crested, so you might get a surprise! I have 4 rouen ducks as well, 1 drake and 3 ducks. One of those ducks is partially crested though I've not hatched any rouen babies that had crests. Other than those I have a F&W runner duck and a blue runner drake. But I'm 95% sure that the eggs you got are from the rouens.
smile.png

OMG IT'S HATCHING RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOO EXCITEDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
pop.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Ill come back on in 5 minutes and congratulate you then
gig.gif

Its a pretty magical moment. I hatch almost every week- but each time is so special.

Yay!!
clap.gif
One of mine just hatched earlier today and the other egg is working on it. It's so cool getting to see them pop out the egg. Congrats on your new little ducky.
celebrate.gif

I ment it cracked sorry!!
tongue.png
it's still hatching though!! This is my first time hatching duck eggs and I haven't been able to get any(or ducks) for 2 years(for some weird reason..) duckyfromoz-You are sooo lucky! I wish I could do that!

tongue2.gif
Dont tease like that.. I just woke from having an afternoon nap- jumped back on here to see an update. And was half disappointed. I was so expecting to read that you had a gorgeous little webbed footed fuzzball flopping around in your incubator. Oh well..If thats how excited you get when you see a crack...I cant wait to see your post when it does hatch.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Its nice having them around. I have been hatching all winter- we are now heading into summer and I will stop soon. I had one out yesterday- and three more that have pipped doing an awful lot of nothing today. This lot is only 4 eggs that I had to rescue when a broody left her nest two weeks ago- so it will be a staggered hatch due to the fact that she was still laying when she started to sit. Its also kind of sad though at times ..I have two orders for 6 ducklings each at the moment. They are both going to their new homes next week- so I have to say goodbye to 12 all at once. The house will seem so much quieter with only 15 ducklings left in the brooders.

Back
Top Bottom