Whoops! I did it now!

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
There was an ad in the local sales paper for chicks for $1 each. Wheee! SO I had two broodies sitting on dud eggs and thought...why not. Called my neighbor to see if she wanted any. They said sure.

So this guy gets the surplus chicks sent to him from a particular hatchery. My son and I pulled in and this guy has a GREAT set up in this little shed, so clean, it looked like it was the first day ever of having chicks! hehe (i.e he keeps them really well cleaned/taken care of). He had lots and lots (thousands, I think, can't remember what he said). Also had ducklings for $1.75 each, but I held out. hehe

I left with 20 chicks for me (plus a few extras that he gave me) and 6 for my neighbor. Whoops!

10 Ameraucanas, 10 cochin standards (buff and black, he gave me some particudge and I gave them to my neighbor).

Here's hoping the hens take to them.
big_smile.png
He said if we lose any, come back and he'll replace them.

Anyone near me (western nc) interested, PM me and I'll give you his number. I'd highly recommend him. He gets more in every week. He has a bunch of pullets right now, but some about 2 weeks old that are straight run.

Back
Top Bottom