WHOOT!!! DH is giving in...

cthrash1

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset, KY
He said this morning that he may as well let me have the other half of the leanto, since we can't store anything in it because of the dust the chickens cause. This means an extra 12' X 12' for the chickens!!! But, this means he gets a 3 bay huge leanto for his toys. Can't wait to fence it in.

Woo-hoo! Good for you! That's exciting. I know you will eagerly await the construction of the new fence.

Now, if I could just get DH to let me have any chickens at all.
sad.png

I'm so sorry he won't let you have any
sad.png
...Not enough room? Does he eat eggs? Tell him the benefits of an almost free breakfast every morning. Start with "I'd just like to have a small bantam for a pet, not a big deal huh? Almost self sufficient, easy to keep, easy to clean, much better than a dog peeing everywhere and killing the grass." Sounds good anyway doesn't it? Bet more experienced ones on here would have more ideas.
Oh and I won't be eagerly awaiting...I will be building it and another coop 8X12 on that side wall so I have one on each side...Although hubby did help me some on the last fence when I couldn't make much headway in the hard soil under the leanto, I think he felt sorry for me
wink.png
. But all in all he says it's mine and DSs baby so he doesn't get too involved. He has his watches, I have my chickens
big_smile.png
. I'll just call my dad and have him help me with the coop when I'm ready for that as he has all the high voltage extension cords that can reach almost 400 ft from the house, he hooks them up to the a/c unit. Already have everything planned out too...This is so exciting!!!

I just built a redneck coop and got 4 chickies while my DH was away on a hiking trip with a buddy. When he hit a high point he called home to check on us and the boys said, "Hey, Dad, guess what we got? Chickens! and we built the coop for them all by ourselves!" He really couldn't do much about it up on a mountain! Not to mention he had cooled off/ come to his senses by the time he got home.

The only thing is that about a week later, I found this site and HAD to have more chickens. I then told DH first and then got some fertilized ones and hatched them. This time, DH wouldn't even let me build the new coop. He made me the 'perttiest' coop in the neighborhood! I'll post pics of it one day.

So, that's how you get your chickens!

Back
Top Bottom