Who's egg is this?

Nope! Not hers! So now that I see this I suspect she's been laying for a little while and I was giving credit to my cochin. Because there are still spots on it. And I though..huh, sometimes the cochins eggs have spots. Oh well, I'll keep watching tomorrow.
On the bright side, I do think shes the culprit for whoever laid a few soft shelled eggs and then dropped one off the roost and in the run.

All that's left is my dark brahma, cuckoo marans and welsummer. My welsummer is the most developed and I thought she would be the first to lay, but so far, has not shown any interest in the nesting boxes. But both her and my cuckoo started squatting last week. My dark brahma looks the least ready, but still reddening up quite a bit.
I'm thinking it has to be the Welsummer.

The cuckoo marans is not the mystery egg layer but just laid her first egg!

Attachments

• 20231006_131140.jpg
    20231006_131140.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231006_131455.jpg
    20231006_131455.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 13
So I think I've figured it out. My last 2 hens finally started laying in the past few days. This mystery egg belongs to my buff brahma. She has been laying eggs that are spotted and with a little pinkish bloom. The shell of the mystery egg has a little different texture so I think it was a fluke egg from her. All the rest of her eggs are lightly spotted like this and when I wash them and the bloom is off, this is the color.

But I've been dying to see my welsummers egg and she finally laid the tiniest little fairy egg today!

Attachments

• 20231015_191158.jpg
    20231015_191158.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 4
So I think I've figured it out. My last 2 hens finally started laying in the past few days. This mystery egg belongs to my buff brahma. She has been laying eggs that are spotted and with a little pinkish bloom. The shell of the mystery egg has a little different texture so I think it was a fluke egg from her. All the rest of her eggs are lightly spotted like this and when I wash them and the bloom is off, this is the color.

But I've been dying to see my welsummers egg and she finally laid the tiniest little fairy egg today!
Aww that’s a pretty egg 😍 She’ll lay bigger speckled eggs soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom