Who's getting SPRING FEVER????

lcw

Songster
10 Years
Jan 6, 2010
southern ohio
I am! I'm expecting 15 cochin chicks on April 19th. I can't wait. I'm so glad spring is on the way. The snow is thawing. The Lilies and Iris's are popping up! I'm so happy. Warmer weather for the next week. High 40s. Who else is having spring fever???

ME!!! I am just so glad that the nurseries arent open yet. I'm one of those people who gets excited, plants all of her pots and boxes and then spends 2 or 3 weeks bringing them aaalllllllllllll in every night and taking them aaallllllll back out every morning to avoid death by frost.
hide.gif

Quote:
What snow?
lol.png
We have barely any-if none at all-snow here. It rained and washed most of it away, and today it reached just above 50*F!!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif

I love spring and summer...probably summer the most because of school vacation and it's so warm, but spring is so fresh and lively. The weather is cool, and the air is crisp with youth and renovation. The birds that have come back from migration sing wonderful melodies that are sweet music to my ears after the long, cold winter. Small buds grow preciously, waiting to bloom. And when they do, the aroma of the new, sweet blossoms fill the air with an overwhelming yet pleasant fragrance. Everything, from the new plants and flowers growing to the animals coming out after a harsh winter, is glad to see spring finally arriving. Everything is bursting with new life and color and that is why spring is one of my favorite seasons of the year.
wee.gif

LOL sorry I kinda got a little poetic there...haha I can't wait until spring!

Its this time of year when I finally stop telling my kids that we are moving to Arizona, Florida, Texas... so they relax a bit and stop dreading leaving all their friends!
lol.png
I am in the deep freezer here in Minnesota and want to be somewhere I can wear flip-flops and shorts all year! Putting on all that gear just to walk out the door gets so old!

Only bad thing to all this spring fever if you live like many of us do on a dirt road with long dirt driveways is mud, mud and more mud! Ugh. But the sunshine and warm temps ease the pain of sweeping five times a day. Sorry... winter leaves me vitamin D deprived and and a little cynical!
tongue.png

We have two batches of baby bunnies on the way this week, so we are very excited! First ones! Not sure who is more excited...me or the kids!

Me! It's been sunny here for the first time in ages and today it was in the mid 40s. Tomorrow they're calling for almost 50. We have plans to open the windows and get some spring cleaning in!

Back
Top Bottom