Who's Scheduled For A July 4th Hatch?

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone else had eggs incubating?
I have set 14 brown leghorn eggs that should hatch around July 4th.

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
Hi Debbie! I should be hatching the 4th! I set 8 Silver Spangled Hamburg eggs from Becki (rizq) and 6 Silkies and 5 Ameraucana from my birds (to keep them company) on the 13th. I didn't notice the hatch date til just now.
I set a group of 2 doz on the 12th and wasn't thinking about the SSH coming in the mail or I would have waited and set them all together (temporary mind-loss).
I'm going to candle all mine set the 12th/13th on Fri.
When will you candle yours?
Good luck!

Lisa

hunter1hall

Songster
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
Mackville, Kentucky
Ive got 13 coockoo marans and 7 bbs bantam orpingtons that should hatch on the 3rd or 4th. Its my first hatch, and all arrived from the mail. Im hoping they are productive. They are in a co-workers incubator, so I must wait without watching.

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
Hi Lisa,
I figured I should probably candle around Saterday or Sunday as they will be 7 & 8 days into incubating. Should I do it sooner or later?
I bet your birds will be pretty! I have never seen the hamburg breeds your hatching before.
I ordered the leghorn eggs to gain a good brown leghorn rooster to go with the 4 pullets I got from the hatchery. After I ordered the eggs I finally found a brown leghorn rooster
but once I got him home and looked online I see he isn't pure
oh well he can stay til he is replaced! So we can be hatching partners
what do ya think? Good luck with your hatch too!
Debbie

Last edited:

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
Quote:Good luck with your hatch! It must be hard to have someone else hatch for you? Maybe you can get them to put a cam on them so you can still watch?

BuyGameBirds.com

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Annabella
I have 42 California Valley Quail, 51 Bobwhite Quail and 38 French Red-Legged Partridge eggs all due to hatch on the 4th of July. I am excited for all of them to hatch. The Bobwhites eggs are from my own breeders so that makes it a lot more fun.

bstarr20

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Louisiana
I have 20 bantam cochins plus whatever my neighbor put in his bator with them. (12 under broody & 8 in bator)

Chuckles1330

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Mableton
I have 24 various breeds in for my first hatch right now. Despite running the bator for a day prior to setting, I've had some temp fluctuation and so I'm not certain I'm not just slow cooking eggs
, but if they hatch it should be right around the weekend of the 4th. I wasn't planning to hatch at all, but won the eggs at a recent swap and had to give it a try.

Top Bottom