Who's Scheduled For A July 4th Hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mourningdove, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hi all [​IMG] I was just wondering if anyone else had eggs incubating?
    I have set 14 brown leghorn eggs that should hatch around July 4th.

2. Hi Debbie! I should be hatching the 4th! I set 8 Silver Spangled Hamburg eggs from Becki (rizq) and 6 Silkies and 5 Ameraucana from my birds (to keep them company) on the 13th. I didn't notice the hatch date til just now.
    I set a group of 2 doz on the 12th and wasn't thinking about the SSH coming in the mail or I would have waited and set them all together (temporary mind-loss).
    I'm going to candle all mine set the 12th/13th on Fri.
    When will you candle yours?
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. hunter1hall

hunter1hall Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Mackville, Kentucky
    Ive got 13 coockoo marans and 7 bbs bantam orpingtons that should hatch on the 3rd or 4th. Its my first hatch, and all arrived from the mail. Im hoping they are productive. They are in a co-workers incubator, so I must wait without watching.

4. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hi Lisa,
    I figured I should probably candle around Saterday or Sunday as they will be 7 & 8 days into incubating. Should I do it sooner or later?
    I bet your birds will be pretty! I have never seen the hamburg breeds your hatching before.
    I ordered the leghorn eggs to gain a good brown leghorn rooster to go with the 4 pullets I got from the hatchery. After I ordered the eggs I finally found a brown leghorn rooster [​IMG] but once I got him home and looked online I see he isn't pure [​IMG] oh well he can stay til he is replaced! So we can be hatching partners [​IMG] what do ya think? Good luck with your hatch too!
    Debbie

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  5. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Quote:Good luck with your hatch! It must be hard to have someone else hatch for you? Maybe you can get them to put a cam on them so you can still watch?

6. BuyGameBirds.com

BuyGameBirds.com Hatching

Jun 6, 2009
    Annabella
    I have 42 California Valley Quail, 51 Bobwhite Quail and 38 French Red-Legged Partridge eggs all due to hatch on the 4th of July. I am excited for all of them to hatch. The Bobwhites eggs are from my own breeders so that makes it a lot more fun.

7. bstarr20

bstarr20 Songster

Nov 10, 2008
    Louisiana
    I have 20 bantam cochins plus whatever my neighbor put in his bator with them. (12 under broody & 8 in bator)

8. Chuckles1330

Chuckles1330 In the Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Mableton
    I have 24 various breeds in for my first hatch right now. Despite running the bator for a day prior to setting, I've had some temp fluctuation and so I'm not certain I'm not just slow cooking eggs [​IMG], but if they hatch it should be right around the weekend of the 4th. I wasn't planning to hatch at all, but won the eggs at a recent swap and had to give it a try. [​IMG]

9. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    This is awesome! Now I have lots of hatching buddies [​IMG]
    Good Luck to us all [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. pax12

pax12 Songster

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: