Who's setting eggs today (St. Pattys Day) ?? ??

my cochins will hatch this weekend. but the emus wont until next month!!!
sad.png
dang!

That's a long haul with the Emus! I'll still be around though - I have hatches due every week for the rest of April, and I'll be setting more eggs that will be due in May.
smile.png

I have four Cochins out now (that's half of the 8 eggs that went into lockdown!) - of the remaining eggs, one has just started to zip, two have pipped, and one hasn't done anything that I can see yet.

Pictures to come as soon as the hatch is all done and they're out of the incubator - they're gorgeous!
smile.png

I have one off-colored one though. They're Columbians, so they should be mainly yellow with some black shading, but I have one that's all dark grey - which is really quite striking.

I have 4 wheatie marans that just pipped and are cheeping away!
6 more wheaties and 8 blue copper marans are in the mix.
let the games begin!
big_smile.png

So far we have 5....but one looks like it poked a tiney hole and then gave up
sad.png
And it has been over 12 hours for that one, so I am thinking he won't make it? You want them all to come out! 2 white cockins, and I think 2

When I got up this morning 7 of my 8 Bantam Cochins were out and fluffy, and the last one is zipping!
wee.gif

However, the water channels in the 'bator have dried up, I don't want to open it to add water while the little one is still hatching, but the humidity has fallen from 70% to 58% overnight. I'm keeping a close eye on this last guy to make sure he doesn't get stuck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I join in? I set some Buff Brahma eggs on 3-20. I just put them on lockdown this morning. Three more days and I'll have some babies!!

We had three out of 5 hatch!! The first one came out super fast 30 mins from first pip to all the way out! The other two took about 8-9 hours but we got to see them all. They are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom