Whose in my flock?

thorper1

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Okay so I need help identifying my flock. Breed and sex.

1. I have two black birds that I call the twins because I cannot tell them apart (approximately 10 weeks old). I have no idea what breed they are. Sometimes I wonder if they are chickens. Anyone have any ideas? Are these hens?

2. I have a beautiful and sweet red or brown bird approximately 10 weeks old. Breed and sex?

3. I have what I think are four barred rocks. Can anyone shed light on the sex? The first one is about 10 weeks old.

The other three are probably only 6 weeks old. There are two that are darker with fairly red combs. One of the darker ones also has tail feathers that curl under. I have also included a close up of the lighter one.

The red one and the lighter barred one are definitely boys. No idea on breeds, though. I think the rest are pullets.
smile.png

Yeah I thought I read that the lighter barred rocks were usually boys, but the darker ones I have seem to have more developed combs that are also more red. Thanks for your help.

Disclaimer- I am not an expert.

#1, I am not sure. I haven't got anything like this. Australourp? Probably girls
#2, Rooster, probably production red.
#3 Girl
#4 ditto on previous poster

Back
Top Bottom