Wht gender is my 8 week chick

brydzchicklover

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2021
Hi,
i made a post a week or 2 ago and couldn't find it again. Im trying to find out the gender of my chicken, the yellow mum is pecking bahntam, while the roo and black mum is a polish bantam, in my area we are not allowed rooster nd I've gotten too attached to the little one in question. (hoping girl)

This munchkin has bros and sisters, the boys have bushy cob while the 2 other girls have straight. This little munchkin is a bit bigger like the bros but this one eats wgtever is in front of 'it'
(little one in question)- straight comb
IMG_E9275.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3222.JPG

(egg layer - mum) - straight but wonky comb
IMG_2618.JPG

(mum who hatched egg) - straight comb
IMG_2601.JPG

(dad) - bushy tumor like comb
IMG_2993.JPG

Hi,
i made a post a week or 2 ago and couldn't find it again. Im trying to find out the gender of my chicken, the yellow mum is pecking bahntam, while the roo and black mum is a polish bantam, in my area we are not allowed rooster nd I've gotten too attached to the little one in question. (hoping girl)

This munchkin has bros and sisters, the boys have bushy cob while the 2 other girls have straight. This little munchkin is a bit bigger like the bros but this one eats wgtever is in front of 'it'
(little one in question)- straight comb
View attachment 2913694View attachment 2913695View attachment 2913696

(egg layer - mum) - straight but wonky comb
View attachment 2913693
(mum who hatched egg) - straight comb
View attachment 2913689
(dad) - bushy tumor like comb
View attachment 2913688
I keep rereading your post and can't seem to figure out who the bird in question is.

Is the second pic of the bird at a younger age? It's definitely male, as proven by the first pic, but in the second it looks pretty feminine.
Either way, it's male though.

I was unable to find the thread even in my profile, that's why I made a new one. (the top 3 pictures in a line, are the same chick, the one in question)
I see your last thread and I am surprised so many people said pullet. Looks like a cockerel to me. I think others confused picture 2 with a 8 week old, even though that was likely him younger. In picture one, I see patchy leakage which points toward cockerel in my book.

I see your last thread and I am surprised so many people said pullet. Looks like a cockerel to me. I think others confused picture 2 with a 8 week old, even though that was likely him younger. In picture one, I see patchy leakage which points toward cockerel in my book.
Alright! Do you have any tips on how to tell? I did the neck feather trick and they seem rounded compared to the top I have.
‘It’ got attacked and I got very close with ‘it’ and am Now very attached.

I spose I have to wait till ‘it’ starts to grow too, (they should’ve by now, but haven’t, based off the dad who started at 7 weeks and is now 7/8 months)

Back
Top Bottom