Why are Black Copper Marans Such a most wanted chicken

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed my BC has an extra teeny point in his comb last night too...he's such a stud though? What does he care?
And actually, its not that they would not be standard, I believe it's just that they would "lose points"...

My Bantam Modern just won a first prize at a show and she is missing a point on her comb from someone being naughty - Courtney knows, thats who I got her from...anyhoo, Courtney said it's just a point system, not a "whole bird" thing unless it's something that completely Disqualifies the bird....(Like a Rosecomb instead of a single comb - then it wouldnt even be a Marans, would it?) I love her no matter how many points she has against her, or for her!

Marans lay really dark eggs, but so do my Penedesencas, some days my Penny's eggs are as dark as my Black Coppers, some days lighter.....And Cuckoo and other Marans can compete too, depending on who you get them from, and when.....

Tina

i wasn't interested in them but once I got some in a swap just to try out, and hatched out two of the most angelic chicks ever..I was hooked. They are amazingly sweet and I have grown quite fond of the gorgeous color of eggs they lay as well. My oldest are around 3 months old if I'm not mistaken and are just love bugs. Just put more in the bator tonight
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom