why are my aracauna eggs beige?

dadsgirl

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
jay, florida
i have pure bred aracauna hens and a pure bred aracauna rooster, got first eggs and they are beige, can anyone tell me why they are not colored?

Teach97

Bantam Addict
11 Years
Nov 12, 2008
Hooker, OK
cuz they aren't pure bred
I don't mean that to sound like a smart aleck but...I think that is the issue

bikergirl

Songster
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Eastsound, Wa
they are not pure bred
Do you have pics of you hens and roos you could post? May be even an egg or 2!

Last edited:

jlmann

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Did someone sell you some pure bred aracauna's ? They really gave you easter egg chickens which is a cross and egg colors vary from bird to bird. Hope you didn't pay too much...

happyhensny

Brown Barns Farm
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
near Albany, New York
Here are some eggs I get. Hard to tell but some are a beautiful sky blue into varying shades of green to brown. The hen that lays the blue eggs is brown with gold flecks. No muff, beard and does has tail feathers.

PQ

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
Platina, Ca.
Araucanas are rumpless and have ear tuffs (muffs and tuffs are different) they also can be banties
Americana The Ameraucana should also lay blue eggs, but unlike the Araucana it has a tail and possesses muffs and a beard, which are quite different from the tufts of the Araucana, and no feather crest. Muffs and beards are fluffy poofs that grow on the cheeks and chin of the bird, whereas tufts are actual feathers that grow from fleshy lobes called peduncles on either side of the birds' face. Tufts are associated with a lethal gene, which makes them difficult to attain.

The Easter Egg Chicken is not an actual breed; the term refers to any bird that lays colored eggs. The vast majority of birds sold as "Araucanas" or "Ameraucanas" are actually neither. Instead, they are mixed breeds with no APA (American Poultry Association) Standard that lay colored eggs, ranging from bluish and greenish to pinkish-brown, and sometimes even tan, gray or white.

Most that come from the hatcherys are EEs

Top Bottom