Why are my chicken drinking so much water in a single day?

Goldennguluwe

Chirping
Mar 1, 2018
Blantyre, Malawi
My chickens are drinking way too much water in a day. I have 5 of these 10 ltr water buckets and when i fill them up in the morning, by 8 PM the same day, 3 are already gone and the remaining buckets have very low water levels. And i don't know why they always empty the very water buckets each and every single time.
20180304_120739.jpg

Has the weather been hot lately there’s a good amount of chickens there I have ten chickens and two waters and that is gone in one to two days but you have more chickens and more waters it’s fine chickens need a good amount of water good luck

What is your humidity In your area right now. I know my chickens (8 total) are drinking about 2 gallons every day but our humidity is super low right now. This happens every year in winter for me. Hope this helps a bit.

X2 on what Banty asked
I've got some as well
>Have you checked for leaks?
>What temperature is it?
>Do wild birds or other animals have possible access to the dispensers?
>How low are we talking here? 1/4 of each container left? An 1/8?
>Is this behavior new and how much so deviant from the norm is it? Ex. They were drinking it down to half full and now its an eighth.

Thanks! I know its quite a bit of questioning, but t's to help us access the situation. Hopefully it doesn't seem too much like an interogation ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom