Why are my chicks hatched with deformities?

How did your pullet/hen do on the nest? I wonder if she wasn't fully covering all of the eggs so the temperature wasn't quite right throughout the incubation period.

One of my hens just can't seem to figure out the sitting part. I'll oftentimes find the one egg behind her, not like she's removed it, but like she just doesn't realize that she's not on the egg. She does everything else perfectly 🤷🏻‍♀️

that's the answer to your question. Wait until her reproductive system is fully up and running before you try to breed her again. It going to be tough on her being a broody too.
Well she seems like wondeful mom, she already calls them to eat and not like her sister who also went broody but isn't really great mom.

How did your hen do on the nest? I wonder if she wasn't fully covering all of the eggs so the temperature wasn't right throughout the incubation period.
It is very hot here last days and thru whole incubation, she was separate from other hens and she sat very good on all eggs, also when it good too hot she would stand up and let her eggs cool.

I went back and edited my post. I just wanted to make sure you saw what I added 💜
20220704_082316.jpg

Here she is! Mostly black chicks I guess Australorp roo did his job😂

Well she seems like wondeful mom, she already calls them to eat and not like her sister who also went broody but isn't really great mom.
I'm glad. But it may be tough on her when she has to protect her chicks from the rest of the flock and try to get them access to food, because, as such as young bird, she is presumably very low in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom