Why are people so mean?

Thank you everyone. I lost one of my babies a little over a week ago, that maybe could've been prevented and I didn't want it to happen again. Thank you

What kind of chicken is she? I have red sex-link production hens (ISA Brown, golden comet, aka red star) and they have undercoat of white down under their red feathers. The very first bit of their feathers are white and fluffy down, then goes into the normal red outer feather. Lift up your chickens' feathers and see their under feathers/downy undercoat - is that similar to what you are seeing near her eye?

Anyway, still nothing to worry about.
Tractor supply specials. Said they were Easter Eggers and I have 2 almost very similar just with dark butt floof they had as olive eggers

I think of them all as my babies
Same. I often tell people that until I have kids (and probably after too), my love and treatment of my animals will be as if they were my own children. Especially the ones I've raised... it always hurts so much to lose one. But we hold onto the sweet memories we had with them and it heals a little with time ❤

OP, come here and start a thread if you have any chicken questions. Or any animal, really. We are a diverse group of people who have owned or have knowledge of just about any animal someone would have as a pet or livestock. Many threads have been started about people's fish or lizards or rabbits, etc. Don't bother with that facebook crap

@Al1ceismad106, Here's my two cents.

Dump FB for chicken advice. And pet/animal advice in general.

The people here a probably much more knowledgeable, and are a lot more understanding.

Here's something to keep in mind when you have a health question: more information and pictures will help us help you. Pictures ARE worth 1000 words, when it comes to describing what's wrong. And don't be shy about posting "icky" pictures, like pics of poop. What a chicken's poop looks like can tell a lot about what is wrong.

And, as someone just posted, starting a new thread is better than adding on to an existing thread.

Good luck with your chickens, and enjoy hanging around here. Lots of really nice people.

Back
Top Bottom