WHY are they dieing at day 19/20

Well, I guess this just goes to show you that there may not be a "single" good answer to the humidity/temp question. Probably partially depends on your location.

I appreciate everyone's input on this salient question.

Quote:
I agree
smile.png

Quote:
Poulet, you did not mention if U candled the eggs, also the growth of the air cell, which is partly why we candle. If U did candle was the growth of the air cell good enough? With an improperly grown air cell these chicks will do excellent up until hatching and they die, (ie) drown.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Yes turning stopped at day 18 , and the growth of air sac has allways been good as well when I candled on day 18 before I " leave them alone " . However can the other chicks moving them affect them , I used the carton method the first and second hatch then tried half and half but it didn't make any difference to the % hatched. well two from the without carton and three from with on the last hatch

I'm not sure about the chicks moving them & making them get affected that way....I do know I've had several pipping at once & had ducklings out that moved the pips & one of them actually had to turn around in the egg & start a new hole. I ended up helping that one out. I'd been gone at work all day & got home and it was the last one out. Usually, I will remove the dirty shell & then move the baby into a "dry" bator for 1/2 a day or so before moving them into the brooder. The "dry" bator is an incubator with low humidity and no eggs in it. I use shelf liner (the spongey/rubbery kind) in there, as well.

Back
Top Bottom