Why are they so addicting?!?!?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pookiegoldman, Aug 14, 2010.

1. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    I started out keeping chickens with 34 of 'em, and said to myself "This is definitley going to be enough" Well in the last 2 weeks I've taken home 16 new chickens! Over 50% more of my original flock. The last 2 days alone, I've brought home 5, then another 3. I got a feeling that this is how hoarding begins, lol They were just such beauties, and a great deal!
    How many of you guys are like me, and keep adding chickens because you've got the room or setup for it, but REALLY TRULY don't NEED them??

I may have to adopt the needs vs. wants mentality from now on [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  2. OhMyItsAndyy

OhMyItsAndyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    West England
    haha, if i had the space and permission, id bring chickens home every day [​IMG]

3. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    We really aren't supposed to have chickens in our neighborhood, but no one has complained since day one, we sold or gave away our roosters, and the girls are just as cute as they can be. My husband and I never thought we would own chickens, and now that we do, I think it's fair to say that if we could have a lot more we would. They are just so cute, and friendly, and they each have their own personality.

We have 4 that our from our original 6, and we have 5 that are a couple of months old, and they are just as sweet as they can be...

Our bantams are very cute and they are very addicting.

4. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Quote:Same here!!!

5. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Like the saying goes, though slightly modified... "Chickens are like Potato chips....except one BAG is never enough! lol

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I MUST rehome some roos soon... and I've got to sell some wheaten pullets. When I started I told my wife I wouldn't have anymore than 15..... and I've got 3 times that many now.... now she says 20 is the limit. I just laugh inside....

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  7. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    We can't find enough room lol It all started with 18..Now we have 101 [​IMG] My mom was talking to my dad(he was home because we were in a trip) and he said its so lonely here! mama said well you have cats dogs and 100 chickens to keep you company he had to correct her and said no 101 he didnt even want them in the first place but we have 101 and 3 coops [​IMG]

8. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    Wow... Maybe just maybe my 50 birds aren't as bad as I thought [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by