Why are turkey eggs a pain

Tambugs

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2023
I read what the humidity is supposed to be on my turkeys eggs between 55-65. But what gets me and I don't understand is the humidity on my incubator can some time reach 73, then I have to prop it open for a a couple minutes until it drops down. My question is will this harm my turkey eggs? And it was much easier taking care of chicken and ducks eggs.

The bigger the egg, the more moisture it's going to hold and release. So you may need to reduce the amount of water in the reservoir or maybe even do a dry hatch. You can always add water later in the cycle. I wouldn't rely on opening the lid to reduce the moisture.

The bigger the egg, the more moisture it's going to hold and release. So you may need to reduce the amount of water in the reservoir or maybe even do a dry hatch. You can always add water later in the cycle. I wouldn't rely on opening the lid to reduce the moisture.
I hardly add any water. We haven't used this incubator in almost a year, so my daughter is going to clean the sensors, maybe that will help.

I hardly add any water. We haven't used this incubator in almost a year, so my daughter is going to clean the sensors, maybe that will help.
Incubator gauges go out of calibration easily, it's always best to get a small temp/humidity gauge you can put inside the machine next to the eggs as comparison. I rarely rely on the machines gauges.

Thank you for that tid bit of information. I will be letting my daughter know so we can get this done.

Back
Top Bottom