Why are your runs so TALL?

Those of you with longer runs...I understand why you need it human-sized for the area near the coop, etc. But if you need a larger run, why not make the rest of it shorter and save on construction costs?
I want full, comfortable access to EVERY nook and cranny of my coop and run for obvious reasons 😉🐓❤️

My run is 7ft tall. The area under the coop is 3 ft tall. Sick chicken under the coop = me crawling in after her.
This! Exactly! I make sure to wear my chicken pants because i have been seen on all 4's coaxing a chicken from under the hen house (3ft).

Attachments

• AF7C937A-3969-4F60-A407-2EDD7B30FF20.jpeg
    AF7C937A-3969-4F60-A407-2EDD7B30FF20.jpeg
    957.5 KB · Views: 3
This! Exactly! I make sure to wear my chicken pants because i have been seen on all 4's coaxing a chicken from under the hen house (3ft).
Unfortunately my girl was too sick to coax out.
Crawling in was not as bad as trying to crawl back out with 1 hand! I had to kind of crab crawl on my butt while holding her in my arm. She was limp so I had to go slow and support her head.
I think I will be installing an access door so I don't have to do that again. I was not a good look for me and my old bones.

Back
Top Bottom