Why Aren't They Laying?

Jedika98

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 22, 2012
Hi,
I am fairly new to duck keeping. I recently got some Khaki Campbells females and they laid on the second day at my house but they have not laid since. Any ideas why or suggestions of what to do?
Jedika98
hmm.png

Last edited:
Hi,
I am fairly new to duck keeping. I recently got some Khaki Campbells females and they laid on the second day at my house but they have not laid since. Any ideas why or suggestions of what to do?
Jedika98
hmm.png
Could be they just haven't settled in yet, that egg you got was probably already in the making. Give them time, plenty of nesting space and good wholesome feed with Oyster shell on the side. just to be sure they are getting their calcium requirements. It take ducks a while to feel comfortable in new surroundings so just give them time. And
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
The eggs that they laid were in the assembly line when you received them. The stress of being moved has caused them to stop laying. I am not sure how seasonal Khaki Campbell are in their laying patterns. They may resume laying once they feel at home, or they may go into a molt and then resume laying, or if seasonal layers may not lay until spring.

My girls tend to lay in spurts...so we'll get eggs for a few days, then nothing. Have you checked everywhere? Mine were fond of laying in tight/odd places. Now Charlotte has hers in a barrel she likes and Quackers is sitting on about 11.

Its probably just the new atmophere and surroundings. They need time to settle. My duck took a few weeks and now she is sat on her first 9 eggs about to be a mummy! Just give them time...
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom